Roundup of Healthy and Hearty Soup, Chowder, Stew and Chili Recipes

 Thursday, December 23, 2010

Black Bean Chili
If you're entertaining overnight guests this holiday season, meal planning can be stressful.  Why not simplify meals by making a big pot of healthy, hearty soup, chowder, stew or chili, and serving a fresh salad alongside. For more fun, make a few Holiday appetizers for guests to graze on.

Soups, chowders, stews and chili are great options since they can be made ahead of time and left in a crockpot or on the stove for guests to enjoy at their leisure. Not only will serving a soup, chowder, stew or chili make it easier on you, but your guests will welcome a warm, comforting meal. No fuss, no muss.

Here's a roundup of recipes for healthy and hearty soups, chowders, stews and chili, including vegetarian recipes and slow cooker recipes. I love foods from all countries, so you will find recipes representing all different parts of the world.  I hope you enjoy this collection of soups, chowders, stews and chili. I know I'm planning on a making a few over the holidays for my family and house guests.

I hope you all are able to take some time to relax, rest and enjoy some quality time with friends and family this holiday season, and to reflect on the many blessings we have all received this year.  Thank you for your readership and Happy Holidays!

Hearty Soup and Chowder Recipes


Crockpot Corn Chowder, A Year of Slow Cooking
Farmer's Market Corn Chowder, Jeanette's Healthy Living
Korean Kim Chi Soup, Jeanette's Healthy Living
Roasted Vegetable Chowder, gluten-free goddess
Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Soup, Jeanette's Healthy Living
Tomato Corn Chowder, Lisa's Kitchen

Chicken Stew Recipes


Ecuadorian Chicken Stew, Laylita's Recipes
Kerala Chicken Stew, Sailu's Kitchen 

Vegetarian Stew Recipes


Three Sisters Stew
Caribbean Vegetable Stew, We Heart Food
Greek Crockpot Stew, Dianasaur Dishes
Thai Vegetable Stew, Kahakai Kitchen
Three Sister's Stew, Care2 Make A Difference

Chicken and Turkey Chili Recipes


Sante Fe Chicken Chili Recipe, Gluten-Free Goddess
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, Tammy Hershberger on Tasty Kitchen
Turkey Bean Pumpkin Chili, Erins Food Files
White Bean Chicken Chili, I Don't Cook, But My Boyfriend Does


Vegetarian Chili Recipes


Fiery Red Bean Chili
Black Bean Chili, Jeanette's Healthy Living
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup, Two Peas and Their Pod
Fiery Red Bean Chili, Jeanette's Healthy Living
Smoky and Spicy Vegetarian Chili, What Would Cathy Eat
Spicy Vegetarian Chili, Joy the Baker
Vegetarian Chili, (Chef) Uality
Vegetarian Chili with Chipotles en Adobo (and Shepherds Pie), Dear Love Blog

Wishing you all a joyous and peaceful Holiday Season!
Jeanette
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Lydia December 24, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Seriously, I want to make every single soup on this list! What a great round-up. Thanks so much for including some of my recipes, and best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season.

Jeanette December 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Thanks Lydia, I'm a big soup lover and I always enjoy your soup posts!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Comments

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP