Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
Thursday, October 14, 2010
| Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Soup |
There is something warming and completely comforting about spicy Asian noodle soups. Thick lentil soups have also been on my mind, as it's getting cooler out, calling for heartier fare. These two comfort foods inspired me to come up with a recipe for Thai Coconut Curry Lentil soup.
| Thai Red Curry Paste |
Here's the recipe I came up with for Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Soup. I hope you find it as comforting as I do.
Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil1 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1-2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (if you like it spicy, use the full 2 teaspoons)
6 cups water
1 cup red lentils, picked through for stones, and rinsed well
1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2" pieces
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coconut milk
fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in Thai red curry paste, and cook several minutes or until fragrant. Add water, lentils, sweet potatoes and turmeric. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 20-25 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft. Add salt and stir in coconut milk. Cook five more minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Here are some more Coconut Curry Lentil Soup Recipes:
101 Cookbooks
Two Blue Lemons
Anticancer Ingredients: Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Lentils, Sweet Potato
This recipe has been submitted to My Legume Love Affair, organized monthly by The Well Seasoned Cook










10 comments:
I am definitely making this soon!
Hope you like it Kalyn. Red curry paste does wonders.
That sounds delicious. I usually make my own paste, but I make extra so I can store it too.
I would love to see your recipe for red curry paste. Please do share.
I love lentil soups and this one sounds amazing!
Thanks Christina, hope you get a chance to try it. This soup is really warming.
Such a lovely dish. I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for your submission.
Thanks Lisa, looking forward to seeing all the other legume recipes for this month's submission on My Legume Love Affair.
This looks amazing! Going to make it this weekend.
Thanks!
Thanks, I love the combination of coconut an curry, and lentils are so good for you!
Post a Comment